Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, is searching for an Associate Product Manager, Lifestyle Studios in New York, NY to join our team to build and manage products across our well-loved lifestyle brands.
As an Associate Product Manager, Lifestyle Studios, you will play a role in creating and delivering best-in-class digital customer experiences across our Lifestyle brands. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You’ll thrive making product decisions for brands that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
1. Discover how our products can best serve customers daily needs based on a deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Help manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Collaborate with product colleagues, designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Participate in the full product lifecycle -- from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery -- collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you're open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 2-3 years experience in digital, ideally
• Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
• Experience/exposure to Agile methodologies
• Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners
• Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
• Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City