Product Manager, Conversion Optimization
WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
We’re looking for an analytical and innovative Product Manager to lead and develop our on-site conversion and optimization efforts. You’ll be joining the Growth Team, which works to grow The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base.
In the role, you’ll partner with teams across the business (CX, Brand, Operations, Design, Engineering) to build, deploy, test, iterate, and scale best-in-class site experiences that transform visitors into active subscribers that feed their pets The Farmer’s Dog for life.
This is an opportunity to build out a function and drive major impact. If you love multivariate experimentation, segmentation and personalization strategies then this role could be a perfect fit.
- Design personalized, effective strategies to address and alleviate any potential barriers to conversion.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on signups, trials, and active users, prioritize efforts, craft iterative roadmaps and clearly communicate objectives.
- Use quantitative and qualititative data to deeply understand our customers’ pathways to purchase across all stages and mindsets of the on-site experience; use findings to identify opportunities to improve, and deploy strategies that optimize our user flows.
- Design and run A/B and multivariate experiments for our primary site and landing pages.
- Develop site features to encourage product trial, and evolve existing features to enhance the experience and convenience.
- Generate documentation including stories and acceptance criteria around product strategy and feature requirements.
- Define a streamlined process for working with brand, design and engineering to bring solutions to life while ensuring quality.
- Manage and maintain the conversion roadmap.
- Build a best-in-class experimentation and optimization function, championing a data-driven, customer-centric culture that rapidly tests, measures and iterates towards our KRs.
- Unlock the acquisition team by providing higher and higher CVR baselines and allow the retention team to be more effective through personalization with on-site data capture, balancing immediate conversion with longer-term expected LTV.
- Own our event tracking, web analytics and testing tools (we use Split, Heap and Google Analytics).
- Develop tools and dashboards and work closely with data teams to benchmark, measure and forecast metrics like conversion, recurring revenue and adoption of new features/products.
- A proven track record in conversion for a direct-to-consumer or subscription business
- 3-4 years of product management experience in an Internet company
- A customer-centric mindset and experience collaborating with engineering, design and brand.
- You are highly analytical and hands on with customer data, focused on uncovering actionable insights and deeply familiar with tools to support conversion, personalization, and digital product efforts. Experienced in SQL and/or Looker.
- You are extremely comfortable with acquisition channels and understand how a channel impacts the customer mindset. You understand why a feature might be rolled out to search traffic vs Facebook traffic.
- A proven track record building an experimentation roadmap and function, including multivariate and longitudinal tests.
- Proficient in user research techniques.
- Prefer dogs to other species.
We are responsible for new customer growth and designing incredible customer experiences that drive best-in-class retention.
We have five principles that describe our marketing approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota