Teachable is looking for a Product Manager to join our Product team and help our creators through the workflows of creating and maintaining their knowledge content on the platform. You will help thousands of small business owners convert their knowledge into income.
Our development teams are structured into cross-functional Product Engineering pods each consisting of 3-5 engineers and 3 pod leads: An Engineering Lead, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer.
The pod leads are collectively responsible for executing on the pod’s mission. The Product Manager’s main responsibility is in driving crystal clear clarity into how we can best serve our customers, and earn a small slice of their revenue in return.
This position reports into the Director of Product responsible for our Core crew—a collection of pods responsible for the creation and experience of content.
We just crossed the boundary into the “three comma club”, having helped our customers sell for a total of a billion dollars in our first 6 years. It’s well within reason for us to repeat the next billion during 2021.
Our customers trust us to be their business partners and we need YOU to come play a critical role in fulfilling this promise.
- Working as an egalitarian partner with a Product Designer and an Engineering Lead to guide the pod in its mission.
- Facilitate opportunity discovery, solutioning and other forms of discovery, including the whole pod.
- Partnering with other pod leads in the Core crew to define and drive a subset of its strategy.
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process.
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs.
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s work.
- Conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and generally constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer.
What We're Looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around the small business/entrepreneur space and / or web content management.
- A solid mid-level Product Manager with a fluent grasp on all the basic tools of the trade.
- Some experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies
Preferred Domain Experience
- Understanding of small business in the early stages - what makes them feel successful? How does that success change over time?
- CMS, CRMs and their corresponding workflows
- Deep user research experience - we spend a lot of time talking with our creators, and you should be really excited about this!
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.