Product Manager, Data Platform
Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes. In this role, you’ll be an important big data leader at Shutterstock guiding teams to reach their full potential while also leading decisions that support our machine learning and customer data platforms.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in run-time data science model deployment, machine learning at scale, and A/B testing platforms. You should be well-versed in key industry trends and best practices around automation, reusability, and information architecture, and use these methodologies to inform the direction and longevity of product roadmaps. The candidate should be truly excited about using innovative technologies to improve the way our customers and colleagues use and interact with content, data, and systems. You will have the opportunity to lead highly visible products for the company and partner with all of our lines of business. The ideal candidate is resourceful, analytical, self-motivating and has great attention to detail.
- Grow, develop and enhance the overall strategy and development of the Data Science and Analytics team
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to design/develop best in class solutions
- Groom, maintain and prioritize backlog of future product developments and features
- Create product roadmaps to support goals, recommend go-live plan and manage and prioritize user stories
- Run the Agile planning and backlogs for the team
- Aid in UAT and deployment efforts with tech/dev resources in an agile environment
- Collaborate with teams across the company including other product teams, marketing, design, sales, finance, legal, etc. to align with goals and priorities
- Bring a data-driven customer-centric approach toward product development
- Manage team and technology dependencies to mitigate project and product risks
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Shutterstock’s lines of business.
- 5+ years agile product management experience, ideally in a Data Science role
- 3+ years experience specific to A/B testing
- Analytical and quantitative skills with a bias towards data-based decision making
- Skilled in use of performance metrics and dashboard reporting with tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of data science and analytics techniques and tools
- Experience with AWS services and tools
- Track record of achievements. You have shipped multiple products that successfully boosted users, usage and revenue in a sustainable way
- Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see and explain the big picture
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V