Noom is building one of the largest user health data sets in the world, linking user behavior and psychology with health outcomes. We’re looking for a data-obsessed Product Manager who will catalyze stakeholder decision-making through access to the right data, identify applications of Machine Learning that foster user success, empower our fast-growing data science and engineering teams, and participate in the design of our data platform of the future. Your success will allow Noom to reach tens of millions of users and support their quest for lifelong health through behavior change and psychology. You’ll work alongside world-class data scientists, engineers and product managers to develop a data platform that ingests and processes big data sets at scale, and you’ll be a key partner to product and operational teams across all of Noom.
Noom is a leader in mobile behavior change, and combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Your work will be pivotal in helping us grow in the next stage of our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with our growing Data Engineering and Data Analysis teams, other PMs, and internal stakeholders to understand our current data platform, how we can improve it, and how we can use it to power consumer experiences, AI systems, and internal reporting systems.
- Leverage your analytical and product skills to identify and foresee problems, choose the right areas to invest, and design solutions with milestones that lead to measurable improvement.
- Drive applications of Machine Learning that improve core Noom metrics, both consumer-facing and internal.
- Justify the value of data initiatives and develop decision-making frameworks that dictate where Noom should invest over a multi-year window.
- Become an expert in the capabilities of our data platform, and communicate opportunities and limitations to the rest of the Product organization.
- Own, from a product perspective, key metrics and data modeling systems that we use to track user behavior, user lifetime value, and company success.
- Support our highly experimental product and growth teams and maximize their rate of learning by providing the right data tools.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have had PM-type responsibilities at a startup and had to deal with limited resources/ambiguity (even if not titled as a PM)
- Must have related experience working as a PM with data-oriented systems, such as data platforms, experimentation systems, or infrastructure/back-end teams.
- Must have experience as a PM owning internal or external products that feature data, for instance BI tools, data pipelines, experimentation systems, internal data tools, dashboards, or applications of machine learning. You've partnered closely with data, backend or infrastructure teams to design and implement these projects.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to understand the needs of all kinds of stakeholders and seamlessly communicate and get buy-in across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly analytical & outcome-oriented. You identify simple solutions in the midst of technical complexity
- Total of at least 5 years of experience as a data-driven PM or in a related data analysis role. You’ve ideally worked with consumer-facing data and know how to leverage it for consumer and business impact.
- Desire to learn & humility: what we are doing has never really been done, and our approach is quite unique, and you will be surrounded by smart folks. So you must be ready to learn, not just to teach.
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB AMAZING:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Working on some breakthrough tech (we have unique technical approaches to everything from behavior change to how we experiment)
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office once open again, etc.)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family-driven culture