Product Manager, Data at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Put Members First
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Be All In
- Aim For Understanding
- Lean Into Discomfort
We are looking for our first data Product Manager (PM) to join Cityblock’s Product and Design Team. In this role, you drive collaboration between specifically our data team (~10 individuals spanning analytics, data science, and evaluation) and their broad range of business stakeholders across the company.
Cityblock has a tremendous amount of first and third-party data sources available to leverage, and a clear data-driven mandate as we scale. Because there will always be more opportunities than resourcing, you are responsible for prioritizing the right work at the right time and shipping generalized solutions that scale flexibly. You ensure that project teams set clear deliverables and timelines, you communicate progress to stakeholders, and you drive the development of our company Data Strategy with your technical partners.
Given the highly cross-functional nature of this work, we are looking for an outgoing communicator and solution-oriented team player who can bring together diverse individuals and forge them into a cohesive and high-performance team. You excel at both strategic thinking and tactical decision making. You know when to pragmatically cut corners for quick delivery and when to engage in playful exploration of novel opportunities.
Working with data at the core of our Technical Product requires a level of understanding of data modeling, data infrastructure, and statistical and machine learning; it requires a deep appreciation for what is possible and what will soon be possible. Success also requires careful process design that accommodates the uncertainty that lies at the heart of working with novel data sources.
The person in this role will:
- Identify opportunities to meaningfully use first and third-party data across Cityblock and contribute to the development of a coherent data strategy
- Prioritize roadmap opportunities in collaboration with company and data leadership, and communicate priorities widely through the organization
- Manage and deliver multiple data products of varying scopes concurrently. Ensure excellence in data team sprint design and agile development
- Balance interests and requirements across Data, Engineering, Finance, Actuary, Clinical, and Market Operations. Align stakeholders and the data team with tight development scopes, and ensure the speed and integrity of project decision making
- Be an engaging data ambassador and educate the organization at all levels on the opportunities and best practices available
You are a good fit if:
- You enjoy managing complexity and setting priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You are an engaging communicator with a strong editorial mindset towards clean and crisp messaging. You can modulate content and medium thoughtfully for audience scale and seniority
- You lead with empathy and are an intuitive navigator of the team and interpersonal dynamics, skilled at exerting soft influence in order to get things done
- You enjoy empowering teams and giving people ownership over their work drawing out their expertise whilst meeting the expectations of stakeholders and the business
- You have at least 6 years of experience managing high-visibility products and engagements of varied scale and scope. At least three years of those on data-centric work
- You have experience with a range of project coordination tools and best-practices specifically tailored to data-centric workflows and strong opinions about their relative advantages
- You have experience working directly with financial ROI analyses and/or managing Business Intelligence reporting
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.