Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager, Developer Experience to drive the adoption of our developer products. You will manage the entire user journey from onboarding and sign-up to documentation and account billing. Your goal is to create the best experience possible for our hundreds of thousands of Developers building integrations with our Places API or Pilgrim SDK.
You’ll be responsible for developing and overseeing a wide range of roadmap initiatives and working with a cross-functional team to bring these to market. Your role will be to continue to build our developer tools to provide best in class experience to meet the needs of developers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own a well-defined set of product features throughout the entire product lifecycle -- from vision to execution.
- Define and prioritize the product roadmap from MVP to full feature set; cultivate consensus and buy-in across a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Develop product requirements through user interviews, market research, competitive analysis, and feedback from client-facing teams.
- Define and leverage product KPIs and metrics to iterate, refine features and overall user experience.
- Partner with engineering to manage day-to-day product development, ensuring projects are well-scoped, clearly communicated, and tracking on-time.
- Communicate status and challenges to executives and key stakeholders as you oversee roadmap execution and ensure a cohesive integration across the broader organization (e.g. review and provide feedback on roadmaps, strategic plans, and feature specs).
- Drive the Go-To-Market strategy for new product features and partnerships, and collaborate with our GTM team to execute against plan
- Work closely with other product teams and owners to drive innovation and synergy across our entire offering of Foursquare products.
- Experience: 3-4 years professional working experience either as a PM or in another technical or analytical function such as business/product analyst, engineering, or sales engineering.
- Have experience working on a large-scale user platform and driving user retention and engagement initiatives.
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize broadly while also working with engineers to understand the technical complexities of your product area.
- UX: You are passionate about the user and solving problems through intuitive, simple user experiences. You have a strong eye for usability, accessibility, and interface design. You are a strong partner in and advocate for design.
- Analytical: You’re detail-oriented and can construct a strong narrative for using data in order to drive the decision-making process.
- Communication: You’re a strong communicator, both written and oral. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
- Organizational skills: You can juggle multiple projects, effectively working with senior members of the team to prioritize and focus on the most impactful work.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities and can navigate tough conversations.
- Adaptive: You are curious, optimistic, and a creative problem-solver. You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities. You look outside your day-to-day to ensure you are learning and growing.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.