Product Manager, Developer Platform
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a Product Manager to scale our developer platform products, building upon our proprietary Pilgrim technology which connects the physical and digital worlds. In this role you will partner closely with engineering, design, data science and BD teams to develop solutions that help developers create contextually aware, location-powered features as well as better understand consumer behavior.
** We would prefer this role to be based out of San Francisco, but are flexible for New York City or Chicago as an option as well.
- Lead a team of engineers and designers to scope, develop, QA and release Pilgrim SDK and Places API features
- Partner with Places & Pilgrim SDK product owners to plan product roadmaps
- Engage directly with customers to gather feedback, understand user pain points and uncover opportunities
- Understand the location technology landscape in depth, including customer types, competitors and use cases
- Build business cases and create alignment with engineering and BD on product roadmaps
- Partner with Product Marketing team on go-to-market strategy, launches and collateral
- Reduce complexity of integration and time to uncovering value for our customers
- Experience: You have 2 - 4 years product management experience on consumer mobile apps or developer products. 3rd party integration and location experience a plus.
- Technical: You are comfortable leading a team of engineers through development. You are able to communicate features clearly. You understand technical complexity and can work with an engineering lead to weigh tradeoffs and prioritize requirements.
- Analytical: You can use metrics to measure feature success and product health. You can define goals and OKRs. You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis and multivariate testing. SQL skills a plus.
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage multiple work streams with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners. You can prioritize among dozens of external feature requests.
- Follow-through: You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You don’t let details slip.
- Write: Succinctly.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, and can navigate tough conversations.
- Curious: You are curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown & are always learning.
- Flexible: You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift and new opportunities arise.
- UX: You are passionate about creating simple, intuitive experiences for users. You are a strong partner to design, and can build experiences across mobile apps and web.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.