Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Help us reinvent a thirteen trillion dollar industry by building a product that will allow more people than the status quo to own a home and build wealth rather than rent for life.
Better.com is looking for a Product Manager with deep technical expertise to work closely with outstanding engineers, designers and data scientists. This role will be the glue that holds a cross-functional effort together from start to finish.
Straddling the line between high-level approach and hands-on execution, you are proficient in product and business strategy; capable of presenting deftly about technical topics; and passionate about the impact the Core Technology Team can have on developer experience, engineering teams, and business customers!
Responsibilities will include:
- Help the Core Tech Team to build, secure, and manage core cloud infrastructure and developer tooling. Some examples are: microservice service creation tools, deployment CLI tools, and Datadog dashboards to improve observability.
- Defining team-level critical metrics and service-level objectives.
- Troubleshooting performance and reliability issues, improving our runbooks, and practicing incident response.
- Defining the roadmap of the Infrastructure / Developer Tools team through deep research and understanding of business goals, with a focus on internal tools to improve performance, quality, delivery, and observability.
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design, spec, implementation and validation.
- Collaborating well with partners throughout the company to ensure feature adoption and success.
- Improving documentation for mission-critical systems and processes.
- Evangelizing and driving adoption of Reliability Engineering products and DevOps standard methodologies across our firm.
- Worked for 3-5 years in a product management capacity at a technology driven organization.
- An analytical problem solver who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach.
- Have a history of listening to users, understanding their needs and crafting improvements to meet those needs.
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with your engineering peers.
- Committed to teamwork and able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- Carry a deeply technical background, having worked in an Engineering or DevOps Team previously.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.