Product Manager - DTC Community
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, is searching for a Director, Product Operations in New York, NY to join our join our team to build and manage products in our well loved lifestyle brands for consumers across mobile, tablet, connected TVs, and voice-based devices.
As the Product Manager, Community, you’ll lead the creation and development of a community within the Food Network Kitchen app, creating opportunities for home cooks and superfans to connect with each other while learning how to improve cooking skills, take on new challenges and get dinner on the table each night.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you're open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Discover how our products can best serve customers daily needs based on a deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Develop and own a community product roadmap, collaborating with designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Lead the full product lifecycle - from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery -collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization
* Bachelors degree required, Masters a plus
* 3+ years' experience in digital product management
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
* Deep empathy for customers and other humans
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
* 2+ years' experience with Agile methodologies
* Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners
* Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
* Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States