Product Manager - Eligibility & Benefits Data at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Patients are shouldering the burden of health care costs more than ever before and need to understand their insurance coverage and benefits before they decide to book. While Zocdoc has radically simplified the process of booking health care, the process of understanding a patient’s insurance plan coverage and benefits remains complex. Both patients and providers endure the hassle of contacting carriers directly to verify eligibility and estimate out of pocket costs. Zocdoc has an opportunity to solve these problems for both patients and providers by translating real time insurance eligibility data returned by carriers into formats that are readily understood by end users.
In this new role, you’ll be responsible for building the tools that translate EDI data into straightforward benefits summaries and cost estimates for both patients and providers. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a new product line from start to success, building a better healthcare experience for millions of patients.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Excited about making something totally new exist in the world
- Enjoy finding the thread in a system of unimaginable complexity - healthcare is nearly 20% of the US economy and it affects everyone in profound ways. The number of participants in the system, strange incentives, operational models, and other technologies you’ll have to deal with is incredibly varied and you enjoy learning about and working through the complexity of this industry
- Experienced in the vast complexity and variety of payers and plans that exist across commercial carriers as well as federal and state insurers
- Someone who can summarize complex systems or data sets into general rules and exceptions for a non-technical audience, while being able to describe the underlying complexity if necessary
- Familiar with how the technical details of an insurance plan and its design impact the actual coverage and costs for patients receiving care in the real world
Your day to day is…
- Helping bring a new product to life on Zocdoc, focused on delivering an amazing patients-first experience before and after the appointment
- Documenting and refining payer-specific requirements and business logic for parsing 270/271 Eligibility and Benefits responses from insurers and/or various clearinghouse APIs
- Working closely with Product and Design leaders to help design experiences that display patient insurance data to patients and providers simply and effectively
- Serving as a leading subject matter expert in this new product line, providing guidance for a cross-functional team of dedicated product, engineering, and design professionals who all have widely varying levels of health care industry expertise
- Interpreting user feedback to improve the accuracy of our insurance data products
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management with health care APIs or insurance data
- Familiarity with healthcare transaction processing and X12 EDI, especially the 270/271 transaction set
- Deep knowledge of a variety of insurance plan designs and benefits structures across commercial and private payers
- Experience translating real world scenarios into business logic or pseudo-code
- Analytical horsepower and a natural curiosity to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems
- Knowledge of SQL, or scripting languages like Python a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% covered health care option for employees
- Catered Lunch everyday along with snacks
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.