We are considering candidates who are based anywhere within the U.S.A.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
This is a career-defining opportunity for someone who is passionate about the mission and product management; someone who can be a leader on an excellent team of designers and engineers. The product you’ll help build and shape has already touched millions of users all over the world. Your job will be to help us:
1. Take our product to the next level, using emerging technologies (computer vision, ML, AI) to deliver a simple, personalized, magical video creation experience to millions of users.
2. Take our business to the next level, using the growth flywheel framework to guide our decisions about how to build momentum and achieve transformational growth.
What you’ll do:
- Lead with vision. We have a clear vision of the experience we need to deliver to our customers within two years. You’ll play a key role in ensuring your team’s work lines up to that vision, and drives the right outcomes at each step
- Know our customer. You’ll work to deeply understand our customer through analytics, research, and regular interaction with customers
- Create strategy. You’ll help to shape our growth strategy and ship product that achieves it
- Own the roadmap. You’ll capture a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize this work so that your team is always working on the most impactful projects in service of our company objectives
- Work toward outcomes. You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Collaborate with your team. You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers. You’ll work with them to think big and envision a future state that address these opportunities
- Take a Lean approach. You’ll work with your team to ship value to customers as early and often as you can by scoping solutions down to the smallest version that meets two criteria: Do we believe this is an improvement? Can we learn something from it?
- Communicate effectively. You’ll regularly present to the company and to stakeholders on the roadmap, progress, and learnings
- Uphold the user experience. You’ll seek to improve the quality of the user experience in the areas of the product that your team owns
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in a Product Management role on an end-user focused product (B2B or B2C), leading diverse agile software development teams, preferably for both web and mobile applications. Bonus points for SAAS experience
- A skilled communicator. Whether having a one-on-one discussion, facilitating a team meeting, or presenting to stakeholders, you know how to communicate at the right level for the right audience. You know communication goes beyond ensuring others hear what you say, it means taking responsibility to ensure that they understand what you mean
- An entrepreneurial attitude. You don’t wait for direction. You're self-driven and take action proactively. You make informed, timely decisions and unblock yourself and your team
- Experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, A/B tests, and have worked closely with designers, researchers, and data analysts
- Experience with emerging technologies such as computer vision, ML, and AI is highly valued
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description