Product Manager, Growth at Block Renovation
Block is a platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work.
Block simplifies the renovation process to give homeowners a reliably good experience, with certainty around outcomes, quality, price, and time. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Renovations are a high-stakes decision. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and deliver measurable impact in the homeowner decision-making journey. You’ll collaborate closely with the Growth team – marketing, sales, product design, and engineering – to develop a vision, strategy, and roadmap to accelerate demand. Your work will impact and balance optimizations across our existing funnel and strategic bets on our overall business model.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a squad of engineering, product design, and analysts to deliver on growth metrics
- Develop a framework to identify and validate opportunities towards shared goals
- Prioritize a roadmap to tackle the largest opportunities
- Gain deep understanding of business economics to drive innovation
- Develop and advocate best practices and an ethos for experimentation across the organization
- Build strong partnership with Marketing and Sales with an eye towards empowerment
- Effectively communicate and document progress and learnings to stakeholders and your team
- Experienced: 3+ years of product management experience, and 1+ year of Growth experience. Strong understanding of agile development, UX design, user research, and product analytics.
- Data-driven: Passion for hypothesis-driven product development, experimentation, and A/B testing
- Excellent product judgement: Ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance stakeholder needs with business priorities, and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle
- User-centric: Passionate about creating great consumer experiences, and openness to exploring first principles to develop innovation
- Resourceful: Willingness to be scrappy to validate concepts, manage scope, and deliver results
- Grit: Proven track record of delivering outcomes through continuous improvement
- Clear communicator: Ability to articulate priorities and keep alignment across the organization
- Earn equity in an early stage high-growth company
- 100% subsidized health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage
- 12 weeks universal fully paid family leave
- Flexible paid vacation days and company holidays
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Dedicated learning and development budget and online access to training courses
- Employee discount on renovation services
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity.
- Problems are our fuel.
- Be tenacious and calm.
- Save money and time where we should.
- Speed is our advantage.
- Stay humble -- in failure and success.