Product Manager, Hardware at Latch
Latch is seeking a highly autonomous Product Manager with a bias for action, who can join a team driven to build an access platform that enables brand new experiences around keyless entry, sharing access, unattended deliveries, and smart building management.
This is a highly visible role, working directly with our VP of Access, Chief Product Officer and executive team. If you’re excited by the chance to manage the intersection of hardware and user experience, then you will feel at home as the voice of the customer and product manager for the software that runs on Latch hardware devices and the Latch Cloud. From new hardware-enabled features, to core infrastructure and security, to the building blocks of future access experiences, this role will manage our current and future hardware products, building and maintaining the core bedrock and infrastructure on which LatchOS runs.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers from Apps and Web to deliver experiences that can only be delivered through the seamless interplay of hardware and software. You’ll also work closely with Hardware Engineering, Reliability, and Design teams to ensure UAT reflects our customers needs and that we’re shipping products that deliver world class experiences.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Own the software experience roadmap for new hardware products and work closely with Hardware Engineering and Software Product Management across our access product lines
- Manage and collaborate with industry partners on partnerships and integrations
- Own the day-to-day backlogs for Latch Cloud, Firmware, Security, and Reliability
- Collaborate with hardware team members including FW, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quality Engineers as well as our Program team to understand hardware capabilities and how they impact the Apps and Web to sustain and further the Latch user experience
- Gather requirements from user research, and internal teams, to prioritize features for the embedded software on Latch devices
- Co-own bug triaging with Program Management
- Own software requirements and documentation, and ensure engineering and design teams are completely aligned on what is being built and when using communication tools such as Confluence, JIRA, ProductBoard and Wrike
- Work closely with Operations to roll out new features and products in a timely and robust fashion, with an eye to reliability
- Project demand in the market and inform forecasts with Finance and Supply Chain.
- Help craft product education with Operations, Product Marketing, and Design
- Regularly update senior stakeholders on product development and performance
- Explore new technologies and hardware trends through networking with industry experts and facilitating insight sessions with our current and target customers.
- Minimum 7+ years experience as a Product Manager at the intersection of hardware and software, ideally with hardware, embedded/firmware or electrical engineering experience
- Technical degree from an accredited university or strong hands-on technical experience
- Owned a roadmap and ruthlessly prioritized and scoped to maintain it
- A self-starter
- Experience managing operational issues, triaging, communicating and fixing bugs
- Proven capability to form an agile team of designers and engineers to solve both user experience as well as technical problems
- Strong product and user experience instinct - you have delivered products that had an edge in human-computer interaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a ruthless attention to detail
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills
- Knowledge of compliance and hardware certifications (FCC, UL, ANSI, etc)
- Experience taking products to market internationally is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience in both a startup and larger company environment is a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.