Product Manager II - Delivery Execution at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub's Delivery product team is looking for a technical customer-focused Product Manager, to help us make the best delivery experience for millions of diners. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial.
The Impact You Will Make
- Help set the company's strategic direction by defining and articulating new opportunities; work in close concert with executive leadership, technology and various business teams on Grubhub's Delivery product.
- Create and articulate the vision - define the short and long term product strategy to accomplish key objectives.
- Gather and unearth business opportunities through data analysis, research, user experience testing, and competitive research.
- Establish a data driven approach for prioritizing, testing, and iterating features; assist in setting up and analyzing the results of tests.
- Partner with other Product Managers to collaborate on large-scale projects.
- Own accountability for the execution of projects; work cross-functionally with design, tech, and business to define, design, build, and test solutions.
- Deliver on rigorous, quantifiable business objectives.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development in technical leadership, product management, program management, or similar roles within an Agile environment.
- Expertise in Experimentation techniques and implementation strategies e.g. A/B, multi variate, switchback testing, etc.
- Strong technical background with experience in managing technical products and/or platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in managing products related to e-commerce, marketplace, software or any digital product or service; Delivery logistics in a B2B e-commerce environment is a plus.
- Using collaborative approaches to drive effective solutions when no direct reporting relationship exists
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle.
- Excellent problem solving skills, track record of improving metrics.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]