Product Manager II - Health Informatics Platform at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Product Management & Business Delivery & MSK
Within the broader Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization, the Product Management & Business delivery team oversees product strategy, execution and adoption for large scale digital platforms that support MSK employees, clinicians, patients and ultimately the external market.
Beyond working with the technology, itself, we aim to understand the people who use it and the processes affected by its implementation. We empower our clinicians and patients with tools that support the best outcomes, and we support our researchers in their efforts to forge new territory in precision oncology. We evaluate our interventions to prove that the work we are doing is impactful, and we weigh costs and benefits to measure value and prioritize future initiatives.
We are undergoing a major digital transformation in support of our mission. The Product Manager II will have in-depth knowledge of the product management lifecycle and proven experience building digital solutions in a scaled agile environment. This individual will be responsible for defining and executing the build of strategic initiatives within our portfolio of Digital offerings for Health Consumers, Clinicians and Administrative users.
- Act as the Product Owner within our SAFe delivery framework
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products and solutions
- Understand business and functional needs and how relationships support those needs
- Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with industry standards
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment
- Define strategy for future use cases and communicate with senior leadership on status, risks and change control
- Engage with stakeholders as needed to determine the trade-offs between scope, budget and timeline
- Participate and coordinate incident resolution to ensure proper point-of-escalation as needed as well as managing business communications related to releases
- Using SAFe, you will create and maintain product roadmaps, carry out product and usability testing in partnership with the Design team, define success measures for products, measure product performance, oversee creation of documentation contributing to development and acceptance of user stories, and leading demonstrations to business partners.
- Drive continuous improvement of team workflows and core methods.
- Digital product management experience; creating strategic product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment. SAFe certification a plus*
- Experience driving product vision, design discussions, and developing new products & technologies
- Comfortable managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Knowledge of full product lifecycle
- Proven experience leading complex initiatives in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders independently
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK