Vimeo OTT is an industry-leading platform that lets content owners launch a Netflix-like video streaming service with ease. We power thousands of streaming services with millions of viewers using our apps on the web as well as native mobile and TV platforms.
As a Product Manager of Vimeo OTT’s Viewer Experience team, you would lead product efforts to improve the way video content is discovered and watched on these apps. You would work with various internal groups and end users to deeply understand user needs. You would partner with Engineering and Product Design to plan the roadmap and create elegant solutions. You would be part of shaping the future of one of the fastest growing businesses at Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct user research to better understand our customers and their needs -- includes user interviews, usability tests, surveys, etc.
- Thoroughly analyze viewer engagement metrics to surface opportunities to increase engagement and retention; work with Engineering to instrument features and capture relevant data.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to create and manage a product roadmap that supports our overall goals and strategy.
- Work with stakeholders to spec product features outlining the business/customer needs, requirements, user stories, and success criteria.
- Work closely with Product Design and Engineering to prioritize, plan, and track development; lead rollout of new releases in partnership with Engineering and Product Marketing.
- Communicate progress and demo new features to the rest of the company.
- Observe industry trends and analyze competitors.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager; 1+ years experience working on an OTT streaming service with both web and native apps.
- Ability to work autonomously to lead product development efforts and surface roadmap opportunities.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team as well as with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Hands-on experience analyzing data including writing your own SQL queries and/or creating charts in Looker (or other data visualization tools).
- Capable of having productive conversations with engineers about technical tradeoffs.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs