We are looking for a Product Manager to join our InfraSec team, responsible for the infrastructure and security of our platform, and help our product development team build and deploy functionality faster, safer and more autonomous.
The Teachable platform empowers independent business owners to productize their knowledge through online courses and coaching. We put almost $1.5M in the pockets of small businesses and solopreneurs every single day.
The InfraSec PM combines aspects of traditional product management, program management, and some project management. At its heart, this role helps the team serve its internal customers better by productizing self-service capabilities where possible. But because of the centralized nature of the team, this role also has responsibilities of stakeholder management, ongoing requirement prioritization, and enforcing cross-team accountability.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced and organized Product Manager with excellent communication skills. They are a systems thinker who is able to stack rank between competing priorities, keep stakeholders in the loop, and navigate the complexities of deeply technical needs that impact our entire product / technology stack broadly.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product - Platform, and works closely day-to-day with the engineering leads for the InfraSec team.
*This role is open to being remote
- Keeps the InfraSec team informed broadly on the needs, problems, and opportunities of diverse internal stakeholders
- Advocates for InfraSec originating work required from other product development pods and holds them accountable for delivery
- Handles most of the day-to-day communications outside the team—with stakeholders, other pods, and other internal collaborators
- Handles 3rd party vendor management whenever we need to use them for needs like periodic penetration testing etc
- Own prioritization, on-time delivery, and communication of trade-offs
- Manage and drive software projects with technical risk and high coordination complexity
- Partners with the Platform crew leadership to manage costs / investments on InfraSec
- Deep experience with infrastructure teams
- Sufficient technical knowledge to adequately represent technical topics on security, DNS, CI/CD, containerization, etc.
- Very strong communication skills, communicating concepts in different media from verbal to written, depending on the context
- A curious/humble/ambitious personality with a desire to work in a diverse, cross-functional environment (see our Product Engineering Operating Principles)
- Expertise in both Product and Project management
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.