Product Manager, Insights
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
We’re looking for an amazing Product Manager to lead the development of our Reporting and Insights product area. The Insights team’s goals are to help individual teachers know their students better as readers. You will work with a team of developers, designers, and data analysts to take our teacher reporting tools to the next level. Too often, data systems for educators are overwhelming, inflexible, and unhelpful. We want ours to be fun, eye-opening, and empowering.
You might be great for this role if:
- You love thinking about data visualizations and how to present them in a way that gets people to act
- You have a keen eye for great reporting interfaces - an elegant Excel sheet, a perfect pivot table, a well-designed interactive infographic.
- You have worked with education data before and understand the types of questions that teachers ask of their data (assessments, state and local standards, student progress)
- Lead product vision for our Insights area and represent the voice of K-12 teachers on a team that is responsible for achieving unprecedented levels of user engagement within Newsela.
- Establish short- and long-term product goals and strategies.
- Engage closely with our creative team and software engineers to help determine the best design and technical implementation methods and reasonable execution schedules.
- Understand and analyze user needs and conduct research on markets and competitors.
- Build and manage a product roadmap to support our goals and strategies.
- Initiate and prioritize projects, track product development, and partner with the product marketing team to develop product launch plans.
- Translate ambiguous problems into structured recommendations and clear product vision through strategic thinking, data analysis, and an insightful understanding of our customers.