Product Manager, Internal Tools at The Farmer's Dog
Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
We’re looking for an analytical and empathetic Product Manager to optimize our internal tool suite. You’ll be joining the Growth/Product Team, which works to grow The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base in an efficient and responsible fashion.
In the role, you’ll partner with teams across the business (CX, Operations, Engineering) to help increase accuracy and efficiency of our internal teams through seamlessly automated and simplified manual workflows. You will own our in-house order and account management tool and our custom-built eCommerce platform.
This is an opportunity to dive into a wealth of data to help our team deliver a world-class experience to our customers. If you are obsessed with problem-solving, automation, beautiful processes, and educating and empowering your team then this role could be a perfect fit.How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with leadership to synthesize OKRs into an outcome-driven roadmap that you will own from prioritization to execution
- Conduct continuous stakeholder research across our teams to help identify inefficient and error-prone processes
- Dive into qualitative and quantitative data to rigorously identify and prioritize initiatives to help improve our internal tools for stakeholders across innovative big bets and continuous incremental improvements
- Build out flowcharts of existing workflows and ideate automation solutions with engineering to help drive efficiency
- Write world-class documentation that can be used for onboarding and continued learning
- Collaborate with Operations to improve and automate workflows to do with order management, billing, asset generation and integrations with fulfillment providers
- Collaborate with CX to improve and automate workflows to do with account and subscription management
- Own the roadmap for our in-house built eCommerce platform; working on initiatives like a credit system, fraud algorithms, billing and refund processes and adding support for different product types
- Communicate effectively across functions to ensure alignment across the organization
- Set and exceed aggressive key results, then collaborate with our data team to measure and forecast relevant KPIs like error rates, tickets per agent, and time to complete and NPS
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in a technology-driven company
- A proven track record building out internal tools for organizations at scale
- An empathetic mindset and eagerness to help solve customer and team problems
- Highly analytical and experienced in qualitative and quantitative data analysis to drive actionable insights
- Relentlessly curious in understanding and improving processes
- A proven track record in planning, prioritizing, and executing a roadmap
- Self-motivated and proactive - you don't wait for direction, but know when buy-in is critical
- A master communicator, both in-person and digitally, with a deep appreciation for good documentation
- Software engineering experience is a major plus.
- A high level of comfortability with data. SQL and/or Looker knowledge is a major plus.
- Prefer dogs to other species.
We have five principles that describe our marketing approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota