Product Manager – Internationalization
Peloton is seeking a software Product Manager to support the entry of our products into International markets. The Product Manager, Internationalization (i18n) role will cover product experiences and infrastructure specific to localization, translation, and the unique needs of various markets – ensuring that our software and content is legible, usable, compliant, and that it provides the premiere fitness user experience for Peloton Members around the globe.
This is a full-time position at Peloton’s HQ in New York, NY. This role will initially report directly to the VP of Product & UX.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Peloton’s i18n business development leadership and gather and interpret feedback from various channels (social media, surveys, ethnographic research, i18n customer support, etc.) to understand and prioritize the Localization/Internationalization Software product roadmap from an end-user perspective.
- Represent the needs of end-users and stakeholders from across Product, UX, Content and other teams in defining the requirements for Localization and Internationalization infrastructure and internal tools including the Translation database and the multilingual Content Management System.
- Work directly with i18n Engineers to build infrastructure and internal tools, and to continually evolve those products over time.
- Define and own end-user software features directly related to Translation (such as subtitle toggles, language selection, content-language filtering, et. al.) and any market specific software needs from a regulatory/compliance, usability, and/or cultural perspective.
- Operate across Product teams (and with all Product Managers) to embed i18n specific features into team roadmaps.
- Support UI/UX designers across software feature Squads as they work to scale our screens to accommodate translated strings.
- Following initial market launch, work continually with software feature teams (PM, UX, UI, Engineering, etc.) to prepare new software features for international rollout.
- Interface with translation teams to help facilitate international UAT (user acceptance testing) for market launch and ongoing feature release.
The ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years Software Product Management experience with at least 2+ years experience in software product Internationalization.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially the ability to communicate with remote stakeholders and teams.
- Experience working in an agile scrum team.
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Constant attention to detail.
As a bonus:
- Technical software engineering experience
- Experience in building a localization platform
- User-experience or design experience
- Experience working on a consumer Software product
- Experience in health and fitness, gaming, or other related fields
- Experience working directly with visual/UI designers, engineers
- Proficiency in multiple languages (multilingual)
- Passion for globalized user experiences
About the Product and UX Team at Peloton:
The Product Management and UX team at Peloton is responsible for (1) intaking, defining, and overseeing the design and execution of user-facing features, improvements, and experiences on, and (2) for roadmapping and prioritizing the long-term roadmap of software products.
In this way, Product and UX team members are product owners: controlling the lifecycle, development, and user experience of each software vertical.The Product and UX team works closely with stakeholders to better understand issues and business goals, and to understand the relative impact of each project. The Product and UX team also works closely with the design and engineering teams to execute the defined vision of each feature. Finally, the team has a close relationship with the end-users and works continually to better understand their needs and desires.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.