Product Manager, Marketing at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial Product Manager, Marketing to help us build and maintain the growing digital presence of our brand on our public-facing marketing websites. This role is responsible for managing and delivering digital products and website experiences that stand out in the competitive landscape and are aligned with our mission and strategic objectives.
The Product Manager, Marketing sits on a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and web producers and reports to an Experience Design Manager. Together, we create experiences that are memorable, helpful, seamless, and give people a taste of what it's like to be a Justworks customer. If you’re someone who values moving quickly, working iteratively, and innovatively driving product initiatives across the company - we’d love to hear from you.
- Manage all marketing website and content platform projects end to end, including project plans, quality of deliverables, dependencies, and outcomes.
- Establish a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company, which meet the most important needs of our buyers and support business objectives
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Product Manager, Marketing, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Incorporating data, research, market analysis, and customer needs to inform product strategies and roadmaps; building consensus and confidence around roadmaps & how we evaluate success
- Gathering and documenting product and stakeholder requirements; ensuring project documents are complete, with abundant detail, current, and stored appropriately
- Setting priorities for the team by grooming a backlog of work; maximizing efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Communicating website priorities and status updates across the company; providing transparency to the roadmap and prioritization process
- Conducting regular planning sessions throughout the product lifecycle for all technical solutions & initiatives; leading thoughtful discussions about what it would take to execute the product vision
- Creating specifications and testing plans that identify and mitigate potential project risks
- Troubleshooting technical issues and report bugs to the engineering team
- Working closely with Security, Business Intelligence and Legal teams to ensure the website is up-to-date, compliant, and that we’re following best practices
- 3-5 years of experience in website and/or app development + delivery
- Experience managing teams using scrum and/or kanban agile methodology
- Familiarity with user experience and interactive design best practices
- Basic knowledge of CRM/CMS tools (Salesforce, Pardot, Contentful, Mailchimp etc.)
- Familiarity with Jira/Atlassian, Asana, or other project management software
- Excellent facilitation, written, verbal, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, design, product, and project management counterparts to deliver products/services
- Able to impartially evaluate conflicting priorities to recommend the best path forward
- Energized by solving complex product problems
- Strong leadership, organizational and execution skills
- Growth minded and able to bring positive energy in the face of adversity
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment