Product Manager, Marketplace at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to work on a new product initiative in our Marketplace. You will lead the charge in defining and validating this new product, and then delivering and iterating on it. Reporting to the Sr. Director of PM for Platform-as-a-Service Products, this Product Manager will work externally with our customers and our Marketplace Vendors, as well as internally with a cross-functional team including Product Design, Product Engineering, Marketing, Business Development and other Product Managers.
DigitalOcean is loved by developers for its simplicity. Obsession for customer service, engagement with the community, and love for developers are core tenets of our culture and business strategy. You will be empowered with direct access to customers, design team research, cross-functional support, and the ability to work as a member of an agile team to deliver a better experience for all of our customers..
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work across teams and functions to define and validate the product and feature roadmap
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, prioritizing and grooming the product backlog
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and test hypotheses
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for the product in conjunction with our Finance team
- Demonstrated positive impact on user experiences, preferably those related to 3rd party integrations, with an eye towards ease-of-use
- Data-driven approach, articulating hypotheses in terms of objective measures and projected outcomes
- Agile product management / product ownership experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and learn new technologies.
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Product #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Product team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!