Product Manager, Merchandising Operations at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
As a Merchandising Product Leader you will be responsible for partnering with engineers and designers to deliver digital products and process improvements that enable our internal teams to operate more efficiently and support transformational customer experiences at scale. You will work with buying, operations, merchandising and leadership, third party service vendors and more, all working to support the phenomenal growth we are experiencing as a company. Merchandising tools is responsible for building our core product offering, and your role would be to maintain, expand, and improve those varied tools.
- Lead requirements and design for Rent the Runway’s next generation merchandising platform that manages the end to end lifecycle of inventory through an expanding network of fulfillment centers and stores
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are positioned to scale for explosive growth
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, lead user acceptance testing, drive adoption, and communicate roadmaps
- Analyze data to drive product decisions, measure results, and deliver actionable insights
- Drive a product vision and relentlessly prioritize
- Own the product roadmap and drive enhancements from inception through launch:
- Deliver coherent product requirements that bring clarity, focus and prioritization to complex problems
- Break projects into attainable milestones and lead cross-functional teams
- Partner with rock star engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- Champion merchandising across the organization through your deep understanding of systems and processes
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both the Rent the Runway customer and our internal business users.
- Analytical thinker capable of breaking complex problems down to their constituent parts
- Highly organized leader & communicator with the ability to drive results by rallying and focusing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable and energized by uncharted problems
- Passionate about eCommerce, mobile, merchandising & operations
- Flexible, able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes
- Committed to delivering a seamless customer experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for disruption
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, supply chain management, operations research, or related field; MBA a plus
- Product management experience leading teams to deploy innovative solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in merchandising systems that enable eCommerce and/or retail organizations to scale
- Excellent data analysis skills with strong proficiency in Excel and SQL
- MBA or advanced degree a plus