JOB TITLE: PRODUCT MANAGER, NEW PLATFORMS & APIs
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you!
JioSaavn is seeking a Product Manager to join our core Product team in our New York office. You’ll work closely with core PMs, engineers, designers, partnerships, and marketing teams to develop and support the JioSaavn experience outside of our core products on iOS, Android, and Web. You’ll focus on speakers like Sonos and Alexa, car systems like Android Auto and CarPlay, desktops integrations like Cortana, wearables like Apple Watch, all while helping to develop JioSaavn’s public APIs and supporting anywhere else a partner may want to integrate with JioSaavn. You’ll act as the glue that brings JioSaavn to life outside our apps. You need to be self-sufficient, patient, and blend technical requirements with personality and support. You should understand what is and isn’t possible without asking, champion and defend our team’s time, all while maintaining and driving healthy and beneficial relationships that gets JioSaavn into the hands of more users’ and on to more devices.
You should obsess over good user experience, performance, and efficiency. You should eat data for breakfast, be the voice of users and teams who aren’t in the room, keep digging past the surface until you understand the real problem, and have a smart, delightful solution.
- Represent JioSaavn with the world’s biggest and best companies, helping to drive key integrations and bring the JioSaavn experience to a broader set of users.
- Work with strategy and data teams to deeply analyze potential partnerships, and fully assess their value before devoting time and resources to development.
- Lead the scope, spec, and management of third-party integrations, partnership, and projects outside of our core applications.
- Manage and champion the development of our public APIs.
- Drive healthy relationships both inside and outside the company, knowing when to say yes, when to say no, and when to push back.
- Continuously analyze data and feedback to identify both problem areas and opportunities.
- Work with designers and engineers to get their best work, and the best user experience.
- Question everything and never settle.
- Lead projects from early analysis and problem statement, through concept and launch, post-launch analysis, iteration and improvement, and communication of results. Lather, rinse, and repeat.
- At least 3+ years of product management experience, building and shipping consumer products and working with external partners.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Extremely well-organized, with great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, but more importantly fully collaborative and protective of your team.
- An equally strong ability to communicate information, requests, issues, and resolutions to and from non-technical teams, and with everyone from interns to the C suite.
- Ability to influence decision-making the right way, with compassion, context, and transparency.
- A bias towards great and simple design, blazing fast performance, clean execution, and balancing user privacy with social connections.
- Strong experience and understanding of agile methodologies, and when (and how) it’s okay to break them.
Ideally, you’ll also excel at least a few of the following:
- Analytics, data science, and complex querying.
- User research and analysis.
- Design, typography, layout, and/or animation.
- Native mobile client development.
- Front- or back-end development.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Premium health coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Discounted gym membership
- 401K matching contributions
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches, snacks, and drinks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/D/V