Product Manager - North America Region
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders — so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever. So far, we have helped more than 2 million customers and they are transferring more than £1.5 billion every month.
We’re committed to making money transfers instant, convenient and fair for both people as well as businesses. In addition to money transfers, we have opened a Borderless bank account and are soon to launch a Borderless card.
Thus, we’re looking for the very best to jump on board and help us make our mission happen.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
A bit about the job
- Leading vision and strategy of NorthAm consumer product, develop conviction on what matters to our customers over time
- Working alongside team (eng, ops, cs, compliance, etc.) to think through end to end consumer experience for US and Canada on web and mobile apps
- Making sending and receiving money in North America as fast, cheap, and easy as possible for our customers
- Rationalizing why we’re building what we’re building to prioritize our roadmap
- Measuring the impact of what we’ve built to influence our future roadmap
- Talking to customers and analyzing data to gain insights to grow
- Working with other product teams to further benefit NorthAm product (e.g., partnering with verification team on our API)
A bit about you
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Passion for making a real impact on customers’ lives
- Built products on multiple platforms (web, apps, etc.)
- Data-driven decision maker
- Strategized and inspired teams to think about real customer problems
- Ruthless at prioritizing to maximize impact of a team
- Can manage scope of a great MVP
- Ensuring quality in the product we put out
- Willing to travel and work with remote teams
Nice to haves
- Experience with payments systems and fraud in US and Canada
- Past projects dealing with compliance and legal complexities
- UX and UI design skills
- Side projects
- Competitive compensation including salary, stock options, and company matches to a 401k plan
- 23 vacation days
- Travel to and work with teams in our UK and European offices
- An all-expenses-paid company event in Europe
- Peace of mind with terrific medical, dental, and vision plans alongside family leave
- Many social events, including weekly team lunches, Swedish coffee time, monthly team events, and more
- Work in our new office in the Flatiron district
Please note, unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to sponsor any US visas.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: Autonomous teams, Product = people, What’s next for TransferWise, Building conviction, Anatomy of the founder interview, Stop pretending to eat your own dog food