Product Manager, ODX
At ODX, we’re focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, and professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $10 billion loaned over the last decade. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, and obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, and secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, and reduced processing costs.
The Product Department builds financial products and user experiences that users would rave about. We provide solutions to our partners that the end customers - Small Business Owners - use to create financial leverage for their business. Our job starts with identifying our clients’ needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, and evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different ODX departments to build and launch the solution. But our job does not end there, because once we launch a product, we need to continuously monitor and improve it. A good product manager is very user centered, analytical and technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking and agile. Above all, a good product manager is business savvy, and knows what it takes to win in the market.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for building out product solutions for bank partners in the very exciting, important and growing ODX business within OnDeck. You will be involved in making strategic decisions around bolstering ODX’s pitch as the leading provider of a ‘lending-in-the-box’ technology and operating model platform, as well as work with dedicated teams within OnDeck and ODX to build out certain features and capabilities.
As the Product Manager for ODX, you will:
- Launch groundbreaking partnerships that couple partners' proprietary data and strong customer relationships with OnDeck and ODX's technology and credit IP to deliver financing to small businesses
- Partner with a team of engineers and designers from feature ideation through to development
- Lead requirements gathering from users, support, sales, marketing and prepare requirements documentation
- Collaborate with technology, credit, business development, sales and operations to design, build, and launch scalable data and decisioning solutions for bank partners
- Be a thought leader in driving the roadmap for partner integrations, leveraging a deep understanding of the partner’s strategic wants and ODX’s own evolving capabilities.
- Define KPI’s, monitor the performance of your product and continuously improve it.
- Grow and evolve existing partnerships to become significant revenue drivers for OnDeck and ODX.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in product management; experience in finance or lending a plus.
- You have exceptional communication skills across stakeholders, technologists, data scientists, senior management, and external clients
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results
- You have a passion for following and improving Agile development.
- You have experience in documenting business and functional requirements and creating product specification documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck and ODX believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**