Product Manager, Operations
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. We’ve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our Product team is data-driven, experimental, iterative, and customer-obsessed. We're energized by defining new behavior in the rental ecosystem and are constantly looking for new ways to delight our customers.
About the Role:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Product Manager to join our supply chain operations team. You will build systems that drive scale and efficiency through our supply chain with a focus on warehouse automation, warehouse logistics and transportation management. Your work will directly impact our ability to scale our fulfillment network to match continuously expanding customer demand.
You will be our customers’ biggest advocate, and your roadmap will include both large scale, long-term initiatives backed by multi-million dollar investments, balanced with shorter term optimizations. Your attention to detail, relentless prioritization, and ability to design for scale in a changing business environment will make you successful in our results-oriented, collaborative environment.
What You'll Do:
- Lead requirements and design for Rent the Runway’s next generation supply chain that increases speed and accuracy of delivery, lowers costs, and drives scale through an expanding network of fulfillment centers and stores
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, prioritized roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, enhance network capacity and achieve financial goals
- Ensure that systems and processes are positioned to scale for explosive growth
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, lead user acceptance testing, drive adoption, and communicate roadmaps across the organization
- Analyze data to drive product decisions, measure results, and deliver actionable insights that improve operations and the customer experience
- Champion operations across the organization through your detailed knowledge of our systems and processes
- Phase projects into attainable milestones and lead cross-functional teams to deliver incremental value
- Partner with rockstar engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile development process
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, or related field; MBA a plus
- You possess demonstrated expertise in operations and systems required to fulfill eCommerce orders at scale
- You have an excellent understanding of how data can drive product insights with a strong proficiency in SQL
- You have a passion for disruption and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You're a analytical thinker capable of breaking complex problems down to their constituent parts
- You're a Fearless leader & diligent communicator with the ability to drive results by rallying and focusing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- You're passionate about eCommerce, mobile, logistics & operations
- You're comfortable with and energized by uncharted problems
- You're Flexible, able to adjust and change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.