Product Manager, OTT at JW Player
JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted independent online video technology platform, generating more than 18 billion video views monthly from over 2 billion unique users. Our software powers the video experience on sites that range from born-on-the-web digital publishers to global broadcasters.
As the Product Manager for OTT (over-the-top) you will drive JW Player’s OTT offering which addresses an important need for our customers to create video apps in key platforms such as Roku, Apple, Fire TV, Tizen, and Android. In this role you will set the strategy for the OTT products as well defining the offering and advancing the features and functions of our products. In addition, you will work closely with the Partner Team and external partners to create and deliver a fully featured offering.
This role reports to the Chief Product Officer and will set the overall OTT strategy and vision while executing against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will have experience with OTT and/or mobile apps, building solutions with external partners, working with APIs, and working with app developers. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role, you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
As a Product Manager, OTT, you will:
- Define and execute product vision and strategy for OTT products by interacting with key clients, partners, and through market research
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support, and documentation for internal and external consumers
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
- Understand customer needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process
- Drive prioritization across multiple engineering teams, communication with internal stakeholders, and user testing with customers.
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team and respond to high priority customer questions
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years in product management or related work experience and 1+ years working on OTT streaming services for the web and/or native apps
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with working with multiple partners to build a product
- UI/UX experience
- Experience with APIs for developers
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #product #hiring #usjobs #productmanager