Product Manager, Payroll
Join the Product Management team as a Product Manager as we drive to develop a new generation of Namely’s Payroll Product. In this role, you will develop product requirements, solve complex payroll business problems and serve as a subject matter expert while working closely with the Development & Design teams to ensure maximum business value to customers through an outstanding user experience.
- Work with an immediate team of PMs, designers and engineers to execute the roadmap across a feature family
- Support product team as a subject matter expert (SME) in Payroll
- Conduct Payroll industry research through working directly with prospects, clients, implementation, client success and sales to identify problems to be solved
- Provide answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data sets via SQL, dashboards, statistical analysis and data visualizations
- Optimize product roadmap against business goals, communicate & get buy-in across the organization to drive sales, improve efficiency and increase client satisfaction
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through rapid, data-driven and customer informed iteration
- 2+ years of Product Management experience a high tech startup, preferably in a B2B SaaS
- 2+ years payroll processing, payroll support, payroll implementation or payroll compliance experience
- Experience researching legislation on relevant industry groups/sites, such as the APA, IRS or BNA
- Experience shipping customer facing features/applications that meet legislative requirements
- Experience using data analysis to drive decision making
- Experience defining product requirements and specifications
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts and principles
- Self-direction, drive, and leadership
Nice to Have
- High level of proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, vlookup, countifs)
- FPC or CPP Certification
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries using techniques such as join, group by and where in ()
- Experience working with large datasets in Redshift
- Experience working with on other SaaS HR, benefits, payroll platforms
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees...just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.