Product Manager, Platform at Peloton
Peloton is looking for an experienced technical product manager who will lead development of a large portfolio of libraries and services to be used by multiple engineering teams. You will be part of the “Shared libraries development” team within the core infrastructure group.
Peloton engineering employs a service-oriented architecture (think kubernetes) where individual engineering teams are responsible for developing, launching and maintaining their own services (products). In this environment, overlapping functionalities/tools/libraries often get developed by multiple engineering teams. The goal of this role is to understand these commonly occurring functionalities (e.g logging, messaging, caching etc) and work with your own team to transform them into common libraries and services to be used by all.
- Work with multiple client teams to understand technical requirements and Identify opportunities to abstract common functionalities out of all services
- Lead the product strategy, roadmap and execution of shared libraries and services
- Employ user feedback and platform metrics to drive system designs and product prioritization
- Clearly and effectively communicate launches, roadmap status, and services performance across the organization
- Build cross-departmental collaborative relationships with partners that includes engaging them in the goal-setting process, defining high-level priorities and flawless execution
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- Passionate about driving large cross-team projects
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies and at least one OO based language such as Python, Java
- Working knowledge of Confluence and the project workflow in Jira
- Strong communication skills
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.