Product Manager, Platform at JW Player
JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted independent online video technology platform, generating more than 18 billion video views monthly from over 2 billion unique users. Our software powers the video experience on sites that range from born-on-the-web digital publishers to global broadcasters.
As the Product Manager for the Video Management Platform, you will drive customer success by understanding how developers at our customers build and manage video solutions using the JW Player Platform. Key customers not only include some of the largest web properties in the world but a large number of independent developers and partners using our APIs. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer and will set the strategy and vision for our Video Management Platform and execute against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong product background with a proven track record of delivering delightful developer experiences that drive positive business impact. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or evolving priorities. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Technical experience working closely with engineering is critical as well as understanding basic API design, documentation and developer tooling.
As a Product Manager, Platform, you will:
- Define and execute product vision and strategy for the JW Player Video Management Platform and its related APIs, libraries, and tools to enable customers, partners, and developers to build and manage video solutions.
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain goals
- Provide sales, support, and API documentation for internal and external consumers
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements and deliver product functionality
- Understand and track the business issues and needs of our target customers and key user personas through various research methodologies.
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process
- Serve as technical product liaison to the Support Team and respond to high priority customer questions
- Work with Engineering to write and review functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and developer experience
- Be an evangelist of the video management application by promoting new features to clients, defining success metrics, and accelerating adoption and retention by enabling the sales team.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a B2B SaaS company, online media, online advertising, content publishing, or related services.
- Experience with developer centric platforms like Twilio, Stripe, and Box
- Experience managing developer platforms, backend APIs, OpenAPI, SDKs and libraries, webhooks, and dev tooling as products
- Working knowledge of video publishing workflows used at media companies
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable proficiency in BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Gainsight and a penchant for making data-driven decisions
- Experience with publishing platforms like WordPress, Drupal
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.