Product Manager - Productization at Haven Technologies (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Based in New York, this role will join the Policy Administration team as a product owner leading how we configure new insurance products and empower users to maintain key components on their own. You will work with a team of software engineers and QA to implement product specifications, communications, and other areas we believe users should be managing versus relying on engineers to make code changes. You are expected to have strong product development skills, the ability to learn and design complex systems, and a passion for improving design and customer experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop strategic roadmap for productization team features
- Write requirements with appropriate acceptance criteria that allows technology team to build and test effectively
- Collaborate with ux design, policy administration stakeholders, our clients, and technology teams to fully reimagine policy administration system design and customer experience
- Partner with legal, compliance, and subject matter experts to fully analyze and understand existing products, business processes, and systems
- Evangelize good practices and easy to work with attitude both on and off the team
- BS/BA required
- 2+ years of experience with product development, preferably in the insurance space
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and prioritize effectively
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment
- Ability to work within the United States without sponsorship
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- 3+ years of Product Owner experience
- Experience in a technical role such as software engineering
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (#2 Best Places to Work in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.