Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product Management
Our team is made up of skilled product professionals with experience in banking, FinTech, cryptocurrency and more. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team to execute strategic and technical vision of the company.
The Role: Product Manager, Retail
In this role you’ll be responsible for establishing best practices for making data-driven product decisions across Acquisition, Retention, and Product Discovery teams. You will work closely with product managers, developers, designers, and other stakeholders to track customer journeys through comprehensive reporting, analysis, research, and modeling. Your work will help increase customer acquisition, improve onboarding, optimize marketing campaigns, and increase retention rates. Your analytical eye will help us build best-in-class products and user experiences. Ideally you love data, have worked in product at a startup, can wrangle data, and always measure twice and cut once.
- Creating, monitoring, and maintaining retail metrics and dashboards
- Basic statistical modeling, testing, and forecasting
- Help set and track project-level goals and metrics
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support stakeholder requests and feature optimizations
- Retail product ownership of Mixpanel, Looker, and other analytical tools
- Analytical support for roadmap prioritization and user research
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in an data analyst role
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience with product or marketing analytics
- Basic understanding of onboarding funnels/conversion rates, customer acquisition cost, retention rate/customer churn, lifetime value etc.
- Ability to tell a story with data and device actionable insights from data analysis
- Experience with consumer-focused/retail products
- Expertise in Excel, SQL, Python/R, and BI Tools (Looker)
- Experience with Mixpanel, Looker, Fullstory or similar analytics tools
- Startup experience
- FinTech or cryptocurrency experience
- Experience working in or supporting product management
- You’re a problem solver
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.