Product Manager, Senior Associate at Harry's Inc.
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Global R& D team at Harry’s works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance- driven products in the men’s grooming market. The team is focused on advancing the Harry’s brand globally.
About the Role
As a Product Manager on the R& D team, you will be responsible for owning the strategy and development of next generation razor technology, accessories and packaging. You will work with a cross-functional team and global supplier network to drive new products from concept to customer ready. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with domestic and international travel to be expected (~25%).
Role & Responsibilities
Lead New Product Launches:
- Champion global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products for the Harry’s brand; largely focused on our seasonal and limited-edition products online and at retail
- Lead cross-functional team comprised of retail, marketing, supply chain, distribution, logistics, production, quality, finance and business development teams to plan and execute new product and packaging launches
- Provide project leadership and communicate updates across cross-functional teams and to senior management
- Work directly with suppliers to design, prototype, and develop innovative new products, and travel to manufacturing locations to lead development and give on-site approvals, as needed
- Perform in a fast-paced environment while continuing to be detail-focused/energized
Own R&D Systems
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support R&D team andHarry’s global expansion
Develop Category Expertise
- Develop deep technical knowledge on the men’s grooming Category
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in an analytical, dynamic, entrepreneurial role such as investment banking, rotational/management training program, startup or CPG company
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Strong communication - Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well
- Proactive self-starter- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and operate with limited oversight
- Solution oriented - Ability to identify, escalate, and mitigate project risk appropriately; a “no task too small” mentality
- Roll with the punches - Resilient despite lack of resources and shifting priorities, ability to flex and pivot with the flow
- Desire to dive deep into details of manufacturing processes, develop and drive project management processes, and roll up your sleeves to bring amazing products to life online and on-shelf
- A positive attitude and sense of humor
- Chinese or German proficiency is a plus (not required)
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.