Product Manager, Strategic Initiatives at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As a Product Manager for Strategic Initiatives at Rhino you’re going to be an integral part of what we’re trying to accomplish when we are building out new moonshot products and getting into different markets. As a team we operate a lot like a startup within Rhino, meaning we are taking big swings and working tightly with one another to make big ideas a reality.You’ll be working with some of the first employees of Rhino and closely with the executive team to shape the future of our company.In this role you will:
- Create, own, and execute on the product roadmap for our strategic initiatives
- Work closely with our Strategic Initiatives team, Design, and Engineering on implementation from start to finish
- Help mentor other non-Product members of the team on product development, project management and other key areas
- Help with testing of new features as needed
- Utilize user research, A/B testing, and quantitative data to inform your product decisions
- Act as a Product leader for Strategic Initiatives, ensuring we have the right scope, priority and iterating our ideas through launch to product-market fit
- 4+ years of work experience in Product Management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated success in taking consumer products from conception to launch
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Good working knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure
- Solid understanding of design principles and what constitutes a good design
- Strong working experience with Agile/SCRUM development process
- Previous consumer lending, real estate, or fintech is a plus
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.