Teachable is looking for a Product Manager to join our product development team responsible for getting creators accurate reporting, insightful data, and smooth access to their earnings.
Our amazing customers make hundreds of millions of dollars every year on Teachable and the Money Crew makes sure that every penny is not only accounted for but also reaches its rightful owner — be it the tax authorities, affiliates, course authors, assistant coaches, or the business owners themselves.
Our development teams are structured into cross-functional Product Engineering pods each consisting of 3-5 engineers and 3 pod leads: An Engineering Lead, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer.
The pod leads are collectively responsible for executing on the pod’s mission. The Product Manager’s main responsibility is in driving crystal clear clarity into how we can best serve our customers, and earn a small slice of their revenue in return.
This position reports into the Director of Product responsible for our Money crew and will be responsible for driving the future vision and strategy of student monetization. This includes the moment a student enters a purchasing context to the point in which they have found a course, coaching, or bundle to the checkout flow to the point where they have successfully completed a digital transaction.
We just crossed the boundary into the “three comma club”, having helped our customers sell for a total of a billion dollars in our first 6 years. It’s well within reason for us to repeat the next billion during 2021.
Our customers trust us to be their business partners and we need YOU to come play a critical role in fulfilling this promise.
*This role is open to being remote
- Work as an egalitarian partner with a Product Designer and an Engineering Lead to guide the pod in its mission
- Facilitate opportunity assessment, solutioning, and other forms of discovery, alongside the entire pod
- Partner with other pod leads in the Money crew to define and drive a subset of its strategy and roadmap
- Conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and generally constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful planning, go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s outputs
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process
- Be a conduit of information regarding factors guiding the pod’s work
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around e-commerce, fintech, payments, or other highly relevant complex space with a high degree of regulatory sensitivities.
- A metrics-driven approach and ability to dive into data sources to demonstrate your strategy and results.
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances a strong customer and quality focus while thinking big
- Hands-on experience with delivering against regulatory / compliance requirements, leveraging project management fundamentals (i.e. managing to timelines, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies is a plus
Preferred Domain Expertise
- Financial services, especially around compliance (international and domestic), marketplace facilitator regulation etc.
- Account setup and onboarding for financial products, including "know your customer"
- Tracking and accounting of earnings, including affiliate earnings, both internally and customer-facing
- Integrations to 3rd party providers — we use Stripe, Paypal, and Vertex a lot
- Experience with complex financial systems, including flow of funds (ACH, debit, PayPal, etc.)
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.