The Product team at Squarespace is looking for a team lead for our teams within the Foundation group which work on platform wide shared services that serve as the foundation to support our millions of customers.
Squarespace is looking for product leaders to build products that help people with creative ideas succeed. We believe the next generation of business will compete by building outstanding brands and connecting directly with their customers: our suite of tools help them do that. We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business.
As a Team Lead for our foundation group you will work at the intersection of technology and product to lay the foundation for all our product teams to move quickly. You'll manage goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build engaged teams that ship great products. There will be two people reporting to you, part of your time will be focused on management of the team and the other part you will operate in an IC capacity with Engineering Platform teams.
You'll report to the VP, Platform.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build software and glue between a diverse set of engineering, data science, product partners to support decisions affecting millions of users
- Balance immediate stakeholder needs vs longer term vision
- Understand and prioritize requests from multiple engineering teams within different product groups
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify root problems and determine solutions to address the problems
- Help with the shaping the creation of internal shared platforms and APIs
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years in a technical role, such as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Product Manager on a technical product.
- Preferably a technical degree, such as Computer Science or Math.
- Preferably experience building platforms
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.