Product Manager, Technical Platform at Noom
Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our engineers need a partner (you, our Senior Product Manager of Technical Platform) to help design our engineering platform of the future, building the core tech/back-end systems that power Noom’s Growth and consumer Product teams. Your success will allow Noom to reach tens of millions of users and support their quest for lifelong health through behavior change and psychology.
You’ll work alongside world-class engineers and product managers to concoct roadmaps for our technical infrastructure, support learning through experimentation, and empower all of Noom’s product and engineering teams to reach their goals. If building a robust technical platform for an organization in hyper-growth, gaining powerful insights into user psychology, working on cutting-edge infrastructure, and trying to address one of the biggest public health challenges sounds exciting, read on for more.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Backend, Growth, Data, Product) to understand the levers by which our engineering platform can unlock Noom’s Growth.
- Leverage your analytical and product skills to identify and foresee problems, choose the right areas to invest, and design solutions with milestones that lead to measurable improvement.
- Become an expert in the capabilities of our backend platform, and communicate opportunities and limitations to the rest of the Product organization
- Own, from a product perspective, the metrics that we use to track the health of our engineering platform.
- Evolve our production databases to support Noom’s growing product footprint.
- Support our highly experimental product and growth teams and maximize their rate of learning by providing the right tools.
- Advocate for the user experience as we improve the reliability and latency of our tech stack.
What We Look For:
- Must have had PM-type responsibilities at a startup and had to deal with limited resources/ambiguity (even if not titled as a PM)
- Must have related experience working as a PM with highly technical engineering projects, such as data systems, experimentation systems, or infrastructure/back-end teams. Ideally would have prior experience as a developer herself/himself or as a PM with engineers as the customer.
- Must be able to identify commonalities in a collection of similar problems and develop reusable frameworks for thinking about the generic class of problem.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to understand the needs of all kinds of stakeholders and seamlessly communicate and get buy-in across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly analytical & outcome-oriented. You identify simple solutions in the midst of technical complexity
- Total of at least 5 years of experience as a PM in the product/engineering team of a tech company, with at least two years interfacing with a backend-oriented team. You’ve ideally worked with consumer-facing data, participated in the growth of the tech stack at a fast-growing company, or worked as a coder yourself (or all three!)
- Desire to learn & humility: what we are doing has never really been done, and our approach is quite unique, and you will be surrounded by smart folks. So you must be ready to learn, not just to teach.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, onsite yoga, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.