Noom is growing! Our engineers need a partner (you, our [Senior] Product Manager of Technical Platform) to help design our engineering platform of the future, building the core tech/back-end systems that power Noom’s Growth and consumer Product teams. Your success will allow Noom to reach tens of millions of users and support their quest for lifelong health through behavior change and psychology.
You’ll work alongside world-class engineers and product managers to concoct roadmaps for our technical infrastructure, support learning through experimentation, and empower all of Noom’s product and engineering teams to reach their goals. If building a robust technical platform for an organization in hyper-growth, gaining powerful insights into user psychology, working on cutting-edge infrastructure, and trying to address one of the biggest public health challenges sounds exciting, read on for more.
Noom is a leader in mobile behavior change, and combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our revenue grew 20x in just the last 2 years and we are backed by Sequoia Capital and other top VCs on the East & West Coasts.
Your work will be pivotal in helping us grow in the next stage of our journey.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Backend, Growth, Data, Product) to understand the levers by which our engineering platform can unlock Noom’s Growth.
- Leverage your analytical and product skills to identify and foresee problems, choose the right areas to invest, and design solutions with milestones that lead to measurable improvement.
- Become an expert in the capabilities of our backend platform, and communicate opportunities and limitations to the rest of the Product organization
- Own, from a product perspective, the metrics that we use to track the health of our engineering platform.
- Evolve our production databases to support Noom’s growing product footprint.
- Support our highly experimental product and growth teams and maximize their rate of learning by providing the right tools.
- Advocate for the user experience as we improve the reliability and latency of our tech stack.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have had PM-type responsibilities at a startup and had to deal with limited resources/ambiguity (even if not titled as a PM)
- Must have related experience working as a PM with highly technical engineering projects, such as data systems, experimentation systems, or infrastructure/back-end teams. Ideally would have prior experience as a developer herself/himself or as a PM with engineers as the customer.
- Must be able to identify commonalities in a collection of similar problems and develop reusable frameworks for thinking about the generic class of problem.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to understand the needs of all kinds of stakeholders and seamlessly communicate and get buy-in across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly analytical & outcome-oriented. You identify simple solutions in the midst of technical complexity
- Total of at least 5 years of experience as a PM in the product/engineering team of a tech company, with at least two years interfacing with a backend-oriented team. You’ve ideally worked with consumer-facing data, participated in the growth of the tech stack at a fast-growing company, or worked as a coder yourself (or all three!)
- Desire to learn & humility: what we are doing has never really been done, and our approach is quite unique, and you will be surrounded by smart folks. So you must be ready to learn, not just to teach.
WHAT MAKES THIS JOB AMAZING:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Working on some breakthrough tech (we have unique technical approaches to everything from behavior change to how we experiment)
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office once open again, etc.)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family-driven culture