Product Manager, TpT for Schools
What do we do?
Teachers Pay Teachers (or TpT, as we call it) is a community of millions of educators who come together to share their work, their insights, and their inspiration with one another. We are the first and largest open marketplace where teachers share, sell, and buy original educational resources. Our community brings immediate access to a world of expertise and offers educators more time to focus on students and teaching.
The New York Times called the phenomenon we lead “A Sharing Economy Where Teachers Win”.
Why do we do it?
Our dream is to make the expertise and wisdom of all the teachers in the world available to anyone, anywhere, at any time. We believe that we can help create real good in the world by empowering the educators to teach their best.
Who are we looking for?
We modeled our company culture on the virtues of our community of teachers and we are assembling one of the most talented teams in New York. We think this article in EdSurge about sums it up.
We’re building a team of deeply good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
What is TpT for Schools?
TpT for Schools allows teachers and administrators to collaborate to find the best curriculum for their classrooms. Schools create a dedicated space and invite teachers to request resources. Administrators can then review and purchase requests to build a library of TpT resources. TpT for Schools is currently in open beta.
TpT is looking for a product manager to play a critical role in defining the next chapter for the TpT for Schools product and business. In 2017, we successfully launched in beta. In 2018, we will be focused on two objectives: growth and engagement. You will co-own TpT for Schools product and lead the cross-functional team focused on engagement. You will help expand the core product offering by building features that help teachers and administrators collaborate on curriculum. You will also build features to drive deeper usage of the product.
You will work closely with the lead product manager, designers, engineers, community specialists, marketers, and account managers to identify problems and product opportunities that TpT can solve for schools. You are a long range and structured product thinker who approaches building products in a thoughtful, exhaustive and thematic way. You thrive in a collaborative environment and you are a proactive communicator adept at managing stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will use design thinking, data analytics, user research, A/B testing, and iterative development to build intuitive experiences and products that empower educators to teach at their best.
- Define and contribute to the product vision, strategy and a roadmap for TpT for Schools
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers & community to define and deliver TpT for Schools product
- Conduct user studies and research to validate that the new user experiences in our Schools product.
- Collaborate with marketing, account management & ops team to align TpT for Schools with company's business strategy and yearly goals
- Identify dependencies and contribute to alignment across other product and x-functional teams.
- Communicate internally and externally TpT for Schools vision and roadmap. Earn trust from key stakeholders across teams by understanding their perspectives and sharing your insights.
- Become an expert in our educator community and the challenges schools and teachers face on a daily basis.
- 5+ years of experience building products
- Deep interest in building creative and impactful user experiences
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Exceptional communication skills - able to share your opinions and debate (strong beliefs, loosely held)
- Open-minded, collaborative, and eager to learn and solve hard problems
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
- Education or teaching experience
- Technical or design background
- E-commerce/Marketplace experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or MBA