Product Manager, Trust and Safety
Hinge is looking for a Trust & Safety Product Manager who will work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, product, and community to build out a suite of best-in-class abuse prevention systems to keep bad actors off Hinge and maintain the quality of our user base. As the newest member of the Community Team, you will learn more about our product management process and behavioral patterns in dating app culture. This role is critical to ensuring the success and safety of the Hinge community.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the bad actor landscape and abuse trends within the Hinge community.
- Build a roadmap and develop a long-term vision for bad actor removal and prevention in partnership with engineering, data science, product, and community.
- Develop functional specs and business requirements related to systems and features to detect and stop abuse and fraud on Hinge.
- Partner with engineering teams on the design and implementation of scalable solutions to prevent abuse and fraud on Hinge.
- Develop new internal tools to enable our moderation and member services teams to resolve community issues.
- You have 2-4 years of experience as a product manager or other multi-discipline solution ownership role.
- You can demonstrate high levels of empathy and can translate user safety needs into innovative products and features.
- You clearly communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a data-driven decision maker.
- Experience with machine learned products a plus.
- Preferred background in social platforms, fraud detection/moderation, or trust and safety.
Objectives in the first three months
- Define a vision and roadmap for internal tool optimizations
- Spec one to two user-facing anti-bad actor features
- Release three product features that move the needle on Community initiatives
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.Our Culture
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Engaged: Be self-empowered, purposeful and involved. Lean in and be the solution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.