Product Manager, Web Content
AlphaSense provides an AI-powered business insights platform, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world's financial and market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
Deliver Financial & Industry Content that Delights Customers
Play a key role in delivering a breakthrough, one-of-a-kind search experience for key content that empowers users to make smarter decisions confidently and faster than before.
We're looking for a Product Manager to integrate a variety of structured and unstructured content into our AlphaSense product, with the main focus of sourcing financial, industry, regulatory and macroeconomic content from the world wide web. Discovering the right information at the right time is our bread & butter and your job is to incorporate more differentiated and key content sets into our product to enhance the search results and user experience. The Product Manager on the Content team we seek has a passion for various types of structured and unstructured content, while understanding the workflows of our clients: buy-side/sell-side, investment banking, corporates and other client types. This individual strives to deeply understand what content matters to these users, articulates the vision for content and related product functionality for content sets they manage, clearly communicates requirements, and drives to deliver a content experience that delights.
The ideal candidate for this role must be a champion of consensus-building, but also a confident decision maker & ruthless prioritizer. You will manage a product roadmap for the Content vertical you are responsible for through excellent communications skills, well-defined metrics & clear deliverables including: formulation and presentation of business case, defining user stories, capturing edge-cases & building specifications, working with Product on design prototypes & working with Engineering to execute your vision through Jira. You should be comfortable with an agile approach to product development, with an emphasis on user testing & rapid iteration. Partnered closely with our Product & Engineering teams, you'll seek to understand AlphaSense user behavior & motivation and integrate common and hard-to-find content sets to impact their day-to-day workflow.
In addition to exceptional & high-velocity product management and execution, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated, data-driven, well organized, always open to feedback/critique, & extremely collaborative.
- Take ownership of the full life cycle of content integration, from definition to diligence to contract (as necessary) to implementation, testing, delivery, feedback and on-going enhancements
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points, and gather and document actionable feedback
- Create and manage a project roadmap by working with development teams to understand and optimize costs, benefits, and timelines for all aspects of implementation
- Applying agile development methodology and working iteratively with engineers and various stakeholders to define scope and deliver features and improvements rapidly, while iterating to make improvements
- Creating specifications and communicating detailed requirements to the engineering teams and working in constant collaboration to ensure on-time delivery
- Contributing to the successful launch of content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training
- Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision
- Deep experience in financial services at a content vendor and/or client with specific focus on web-sourced financial and industry content required
- Solid knowledge of a variety of content providers and web sources of content.
- Effective communication skills working with internal colleagues and external vendor contacts at all levels
- Significant content delivery experience using iterative / agile development methodologies
- Subject-matter expertise with content feeds, metadata, assorted document and data delivery types
- A proven track record of delivering content from contract to release
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet deadlines
- Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience
- B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company experience