Product Manager - Web Optimization
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a self-lead and innovative web optimization guru to become The Farmer’s Dog’s first Product hire. Working with the marketing, engineering, and special projects teams, you’ll be tasked with evolving and optimizing a critical facet of growth at an incredibly exciting brand that’s reimagining how food for our pets is made and delivered.
Your ultimate responsibility will be to identify key on-site growth opportunities - both through obsessing over our on-site conversion rate and optimizing the utility of our customer portal. To be successful in the role you should have a deep and nuanced understanding of web experimentation, a strong aptitude for data & analytics, and an appreciation/ knack for creative (UX, copywriting, imagery, etc.).
- Manage all projects & analysis related to conversion rate optimization and feature adoption
- Implement and prioritize personalization projects for the website - including the checkout funnel and our customer portal
- Execute a testing framework and manage all related schedules, milestones, and resources to ensure ongoing improvement
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify and propose high-impact testing opportunities
- Work with engineering, marketing, and project teams to launch & optimize new product lines and experiences
- Lead any and all AB/Multivariate testing and conversion rate optimization strategies
- Provide impactful optimization recommendations in regard to landing page strategy and on-page personalization
- Cultivate of culture of constant optimization and testing
- 3+ years of experience using data and analytics to drive site optimization
- A self-starter that’s comfortable getting things done in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience partnering with Engineering/Tech teams to plan and execute product testing
- Expert in web analytics and data analysis. Background or experience with statistics a plus
- Proficiency in key web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics), web testing platforms (e.g. Optimizely, Adobe Target), and robust test design process.
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand problems at a nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies. Beat that Google