Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As Product Manager, your focus is to refine the inbound funnel of Cityblock's members, improving conversion rates, as well as engagement and retention. You will run experiments and A/B tests across all channels of communications we use with our members, including SMS, email, print mailings, and phone calls. You'll collaborate closely with stakeholders, remote and in-field staff. An understanding of our members will be critical to informing your approach. Your collaborators will include a content specialist and researchers covering behavioral economics, quantitative data, qualitative member experience data, as well as a team of product designers, and engineers.
You will envision, build and iterate parts of Cityblock's internal software platform, called Commons. Commons supports the workflows of our internal teams who directly interact with our Members, and houses data coming from external systems and partners that help inform the workflows. Commons helps our teams onboard new Members into the Cityblock model of care.
You will be part of a larger team whose focus is to enable complex individuals to become engaged members, and to create sustained trust in Cityblock at every touchpoint. Our work is driven by insights gathered through research that focuses on understanding the diversity of our Medicaid population. We're building tools for our internal staff who engage directly with our members both in-person and remotely via many channels of communication. Our goal is to create trust with our members and deliver them high quality healthcare.
As a growth product manager on this team, you will manage the development and delivery of MA+T projects specifically focused on funnel optimization, tracking success along the way.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand requirements, collaboratively envision product solutions, clarify scope and manage scrum teams through to delivery.
- Discover insights from our internal teams about how they do their work and how that work directly affects our Members. Synthesize those insights to envision new product solutions.
- Define success criteria, roadmaps, and milestones for new products from MVP to vision.
- Work with appropriate teammates across engineering, research, design, product, and data.
- Own the experimentation roadmap, including content, coded responsive landing pages, building and deploying A/B tests, and regularly reporting progress and experimentation results.
- Ensure senior leadership and implementation teams have clarity on the status, deliverables, and definition of success for all your workstreams.
- Engage in a rigorous and well-socialized quarterly planning process where you earn the trust of your technical teams and stakeholders while making hard trade-offs.
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years in product management roles.
- Proven experience managing stakeholders.
- Proven experience with funnel optimization driven by experimentation, quantitatively measurable A/B testing, and reporting.
- Proven experience managing stakeholders working with multidisciplinary teams, including research, product design, UX, engineering, and data.
- Experience working closely with digital designers and copywriters, and understanding the importance of design and text.
- Facility managing the work of technical teams, whether Eng, Data, or IT.
- Proficient at prioritizing, roadmapping, and explaining the approach to diverse audiences.
- Ability to track and troubleshoot issues, escalating as necessary.
How We Define Success:
- Product, technology and business stakeholders are excited and bought into your approach.
- Stakeholders have a high degree of confidence that your solutions will deliver business value and help them achieve their annual and quarterly objectives.
- Quick and effective decision making.
- Supporting an enjoyable working environment and positive team health.
- Experimentation mindset, and clear iteration towards measurable outcomes.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience working within the healthcare ecosystem (e.g. payers, provider systems)
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.