Want to build a product that sees and makes sense of the future? Want to work on a B2B product that clients actually love?
If you are customer-obsessed, a strong communicator and a structured thinker, we’d love to talk.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data.
We are looking to add an experienced Product Manager to join our mission. This is a great opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing and highly visible Product team.
You will drive the product roadmap, uncover product needs via research and client conversations, translate product ideas and goals into projects, and bring products to market.
Your work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 1000 customers, the top VCs in the world and 450,000+ newsletter subscribers.
- Drive roadmap for products you own from idea to implementation. This includes market research driven by client conversations and other sources to determine needs, prioritize ideas in a disciplined and deliberate way and ultimately work with product marketing and sales/customer success to ensure successful rollout
- Translate product ideas into wireframes (or draft designs if you have the design chops) and clear requirements documents. A good eye for UI/UX and ease of use is a plus
- Drive product planning with Designers, Project Managers, and Engineering Team Leads
- Integrate insights from customers conversations, stakeholder feedback, and competitive research to identify product opportunities and differentiators
- Communicate strategy, value to clients, and roadmap for your product areas to the larger CB Insights team
- Define success metric for your products; monitor and refine your product areas based on client engagement for your product area
- Partner with Product Marketing to contribute to go-to-market plans and collateral (e.g. FAQS)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience in product management for a software development company and / or a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital)
- Proven, consistent track record of building great products with software development teams.
- You must be a great listener who is comfortable talking to clients to understand their needs and distill insights from these conversations into themes that drive product strategy
- You have high standards for your work and what a product should enable clients to achieve
- Should be a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences. Clarity of thought is important in both written and verbal communication. Should be comfortable talking with a diverse array of audiences ranging from Fortune 500 customers to engineers to sales professionals
- Proficiency in product planning, wireframing and/or prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, and project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- You are a data geek and enjoy experimentation; proficiency in SQL is a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend