Product Manager at Audible (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is seeking a Product Manager to define and build mission-critical experiences that will increase listening engagement and habituation for our millions of listeners across the globe. If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates "thinking big" and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of customers around the world, we have a place for you on our team - come join us.
- You're an accountable, hands-on problem-solver with a "can-do" attitude.
- You have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sewing the details and tying them back to the big picture.
- You're a born collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
As a Product Manager, you will...
- Work closely with business groups (marketing, content), engineering, finance, design, program management, legal and other internal teams to deliver products at scale.
- Collaborate and influence world-class product managers, engineers, QA, UX designers and other partner stakeholders - providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision for customer-centric product launches and improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Clearly communicate data insights to others. Work with other business partners to perform deep data driven analysis of businesses to surface actionable insights and product requirements; drive the implementation of recommendations derived from analysis into product features.
- Break down a strategic opportunity area into tactics that can be tested and validated in an iterative way.
- Prioritize tactics and trade-offs vis-à-vis short-term and longer-term strategic goals.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to validate success for new functionality, or to more deeply understand user behavior in order to iterate towards a successful test.
- Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- 3+ years experience in digital product management with increasing responsibility.
- Experience leading product teams to successful product launches.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and champion opportunistic new ideas with technical and non-technical employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with large scale product in a b2c environment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.