Honest Buildings is seeking a dynamic Product Manager who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team. A product Manager that’s analytically minded, an organized project manager, with outstanding communication skills who is passionate about getting things done and developing a world class product for our clients.
You'll be one of five people on the Product team, and work hand in hand with our Chief Product Officer on a daily basis to shape the future of our product. Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. This is a unique opportunity to help build a product that’s having a huge impact on the way the commercial real estate industry operates.
Manage the process of delivering great products:
- Create project briefs for new product features, and present your ideas to the executive team and relevant stakeholders for buy-in
- Collaborate with our design team to explore different concepts and test them with real live users
- Work with the engineering team to estimate, prioritize, and create workplans for delivering newly designed products
- Own the launch plan for releasing new products to customers
- Conduct detailed analyses on whether the new product worked, and what we should do next
Serve as the communication backbone of the company:
- Meet with customers on a weekly basis
- Communicate new product releases to internal stakeholders and customers
- Lead periodic meetings with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to discuss new features
- Work collaboratively with the engineering team to build and release great products
- Present regularly to the executive team to communicate product progress
Shape the product roadmap:
- Conduct market studies and gather customer feedback to figure out the right thing to build next
- Collect and collate feedback and ideas from customers, sales, marketing, and our executive team on what customers need
- Keep tabs on industry news and conduct competitive analysis
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager. Preferably for a B2B product. You will start Day 1 with direct responsibility for products and will be in a position to continue to gain more responsibility as the company grows.
- Project management expertise and ability to get things done. You need to be able to get team-based projects over the finish line with limited oversight
- Highly articulate and persuasive. Able to converse with many different types of people including customers, executive team members, salespeople, customer success team members, and engineers.
- Analytical mindset. Fluency with numbers (especially messy ones that don’t give you all the info you need) and ability to use this data to help inform decision making
- Curiosity. You don’t necessarily need to have a background in technology or real estate but you need to have a passion for asking questions and trying to understand why
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter Benefits
- Be a serious player in a market that is massively larger than others you may know ($4.5Tn in CRE vs. $1.5Tn in E-Commerce, $100Bn's in Transportation)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays, catered every week
- An open, sunny workspace with great views
- Strong office culture
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites--Great office culture!
Why should you consider working at Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're only 80 people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.