Who We Are:
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
As a Product Manager at Cityblock, you’ll build and ship technology that will help improve our care delivery operations and our member experience of receiving care. You’ll work across a broad range of products and initiatives including Cityblock’s very own health engagement platform called Commons, our data integration stack, our 3rd party technology integrations, and contribute to how we effectively scale and grow the company. You will have the opportunity to work with business and clinical leadership to craft the strategic vision as well as collaborate alongside our Community Health Partners, physicians, nurses, engineers, social workers and designers to bring that vision to reality.
- Execute and build high quality products with an eye towards user experience, driving the product process from data, and user research insights and business needs.
- Partner closely with clinical operations, design, and engineering to understand problems and requirements and generate creative solutions that will stand up to being stress-tested in the field on a daily basis.
- Measure impact and iterate on existing products, driving continuous improvement aligned with business goals.
- Coordinate cross functional teams—thinking about not only how the product gets implemented but how it gets operationalized.
- Prepare all pieces of our product stack for scale—across lines of business, clinics, partners, markets.
- Find ways of integrating best-in-class technologies—often 3rd party solutions—where they exist, as part of a seamless user experience that leverages our key strengths.
- Participate in building our strategic product vision and tactical product roadmap for helping Cityblock have greater impact on our members’ lives.
- Help shape the product culture, organization, and processes; bringing your own unique style and helping us build the best product team in healthcare.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have ~3-5 years of Product Management experience, shipping world-class software.
- You’re a superb collaborator and communicator. You thrive working in cross-functional groups coming from a range of backgrounds, from physicians and Community Health Partners to engineers and designers.
- You are empathetic. At Cityblock we are working with and caring for individuals with a diverse set of life experiences. Being able to bring together different needs and communicate them effectively is key.
- You are user centric. Understanding users is at the core of how you make decisions and building great user experiences is fundamental to your product approach.
- You think strategically, integrating overarching business priorities, decision frameworks, and data and user research into your product process.
- You are a relentless prioritizer and organizer. You have the ability to distill what out of the hundreds of things that we can do to improve our care delivery should be done, and how to get it done.
- You flourish in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, and are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to drive clarity and get things done.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working in, or exposure to, healthcare operations or technology
- Prior experience building and shipping enterprise software products
- Understanding of complex data integrations, particularly in highly regulated environments
- Data analysis skills and ability to navigate related tooling (Python, SQL, Looker/Tableau, statistics, etc.)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.