Who We Are:
Neverware’s flagship product, CloudReady, reimagines the desktop operating system by prioritizing security, manageability, and of course, performance—whether your computer is brand new or 10 years old. With CloudReady, schools and enterprise organizations alike can maximize their IT investments by transforming their existing fleets of PCs and Macs into simple, secure, and fast machines that provide the same user experience and management as Chromebooks. As covered by media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN,CNET,LifeHacker and TechTarget, CloudReady is disrupting the way organizations think about hardware refreshes while enabling affordable, secure access to modern technology. A VC-backed organization, Neverware’s investors include Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, and Rethink Education. Our partners include Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, Samsung, and more.
What You Will Do:
Product Managers at Neverware are the nervous system connecting the strategy and technology for our products. You’ll work closely with Sales and Marketing to scope and prioritize impactful new functionality, and ensure those changes reach our customers in regular, stable updates by coordinating Support, Engineering, and QA to anticipate, analyze, and solve issues. To accomplish all this, you’ll need to become the nexus for product-related information at Neverware and a proactive, outspoken champion for internal coherence. Interfacing with every group in the company as well as directly with customers, you’ll make sure individual, departmental, and organizational goals align with our product roadmap, and vice versa.
Take the lead on:
- Planning and organizing engineering sprints and product releases
- Monitoring the health of the product, identifying possible risks for customers, and appropriately escalating bug reports in concert with Operations, Support, and QA
- Translating strategic needs and initiatives into well-scoped and prioritized work, interfacing directly with developers (or other internal resources) to ensure work is clear, complete, and well-motivated.
Work closely with the Director of Product and leadership to:
- Collect input and feedback from existing and prospective customers, including proactive outreach
- Coordinate feedback from, and assess the needs of, all internal departments to ensure our products serve them
- Collect, synthesize, and combine internal, external, and strategic insights in order to define and evolve Neverware’s product roadmap.
- Experience as a project or product manager working directly with technical teams
- Significant experience working on technology products, preferably at an early-stage company
- Intellectually honest and thorough; committed to understanding a problem in as much detail as is required, and clear about what isn’t known
- Exceptional communication skills, with a history of working collaboratively across departments
- Structured and process-oriented thinker, able to articulate a vision and assess related risk for all decisions
- Natural drive to understand and own both technical and business problems, with or without pre-existing expertise
Knowledge of Enterprise IT landscape
- Familiarity with Linux, Chrome OS, and the wider OS market
- Experience working as an engineer/developer, or on a software team