ALICE RAISES THE PAY OF WORKING AMERICANS
156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people's paychecks when they spend on everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We're a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities, and working people. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
PRODUCT MANAGER—JOIN US!
You’re more than just a product manager; you care about making things that matter. You're deeply empathetic and you’re excited to advocate for working Americans who deserve to save more of their paycheck. You're a curious person who sweats the details. You know that diving into tax regulations, navigating complex financial systems, and building for people who are different from you will get you out of bed in the morning. You enjoy working in a fast paced, data-driven environment with people who deeply care.
Our mission lights you up. You get that working at a startup means your work runs beyond the edges of a job title and a 9-5 job. You like the tension between craft and shipping. You're comfortable with collaborating with designers and stakeholders while leading a product team of engineers. You understand that your role is to collaborate with others to carve out a thoughtful solution to a user problem and support the designers, engineers, and customer success people around you so that the entire team can build a successful feature and cross the finish line together. You communicate clearly, early, and often and you have a track record of hitting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
YOUR JOB: GIVE MILLIONS OF WORKING AMERICANS A $1.00/HOUR RAISE
It's not easy to build products that can accomplish that. Specifically, we'll rely on you to navigate these day-to-day challenges…
- Lead a product team of 4-6 engineers to build features that achieve objectives and key results.
- Juggle the need to prioritize in a world where you can’t build everything you want to.
- Make simple, delightful, and compliant product experiences from a complex set of business rules.
- Partner with design to make sure that every project meets high standards for usability, information hierarchy, interaction design, visual design, voice, and tone.
- Carve out time to explore upcoming product opportunities while delivering your current feature too.
- Collaborate with our data team to make sure we’re capturing the right data and asking the right questions so that you can use data to determine whether the products you build are successful.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE
Alice is a unique place. Join our team on our mission and help shape the product for years to come. Get in the door now while it’s still early in order to have a real impact.
You'll get to work with our repeat founders and the rest of Alice's high-performance team. We're supported by talented advisors and notable investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Notation Capital, Trinity Ventures, Grand Central Tech, and the Robin Hood Foundation.
Alice will make sure that you have…
- A culture that values your contributions from day one.
- A smart and supportive team that is dedicated to our mission and to setting you up to reach your full potential. Use whatever tools make you the most effective.
- A professional growth stipend to invest in ongoing growth, learning, and development.
- Competitive salary, 401K match, healthcare, retirement, and vacation benefits. Obviously you'll also have the best pretax benefits under the sun.
THE PERFECT FIT
You'll be a great fit for this role at Alice if you...
- Care deeply about putting more money in the hands of working Americans.
- HATE when people have to use forms, do math, or learn acronyms (FSA?? ugh.)
- Have high standards for digital experiences.
- Are compelled to move quickly while keeping the bar high.
- Know that your growth depends on honest feedback from your team and users.
- Learn new things quickly and have an orientation of constant learning, experimentation, flexibility, and adaptability—these things are important to you.
- Have worked in an agile product organization leading a product team.
- Have led a product team that built something used by lots of people, ideally from across the socioeconomic spectrum.
- We’re serious about measuring our progress and success; that gives you comfort.
- Have a background in at least one focused domain of product work, i.e. UX, UI, visual design, interaction design, data.
- Have experience working in a domain where regulations, privacy, data security and discretion are important. A background in Fintech is not required but can help make you successful here.
- Have experience in building something B2B2C—you can appreciate the tension between solving a need for businesses and solving the needs of consumers.
- Have worked at a technology startup (Series A-C).
- Have 2-4 years experience as a product manager at a tech company.
We can't wait to meet you!